Friday 14 August 2009

STORNOWAY

Yesterday I (half) moved to the Isle of Lewis. Grace (my girlfriend) starts teaching the Primary Fives of Stornoway primary school on Monday, and we had to be on the island today for a training day. Unfortunately the wee house which we are renting is occupied until tomorrow, so we're spending last night and tonight in the wonderful Heb Hostel in Stornoway, before moving in tomorrow.

I don't quite know what I'm going to be doing for the next year, but it will be quite a change whatever happens. I'm trying to find part-time work in order to finance the continuation of my practice, so that I can treat the next year as a sort of research/year out thing. I'm also planning on getting a lot better at sea kayaking, surfing and running, as well as cooking for Grace and keeping house!

I think in the future I'll be using this blog to update on both creative happenings across the water, and the new experience of living on a Hebridean island, so I hope it makes interesting reading.

C

1 comment: