Sunday 15 November 2009


This is what my sort-of-workshop space looks like inside. Apart from the rain that blows in when the wind's from the Southwest (most of the time), it's lovely - I just wish I could think of some things to make in it.

The last couple of weeks have felt busy, but probably only relatively. I've been working at Lanntair a few days a week, covering people's holidays and doing my main Saturday shift, and am enjoying the chance to get to know lots of people - it's a real hub for the town and the wider community. The days are getting shorter, and the light more precious, although we are very often treated to spectacular sunrises and sets, at pleasingly civilised hours of the day.

We had a big swell last week, but it was a bit too big for me, and I'm looking forward to a few more manageable surf sessions this week, and am excited by the fact that Grace now has a wetsuit and is enjoying playing in the wee waves. We spent a wonderful half hour in the sea today at Riof, with a kilometre of clean sand beach to ourselves and raindrops splashing around us into true seethrough water. Remove other people, and add the freedom of being warm in the water, and a November afternoon is the perfect time for swimming in the Atlantic.

I have a desire to be taking analogue photographs at the moment, remembering the pleasant tinkering in darkrooms, wanting something to lose myself in please.

We are well and healthy and the months keep disappearing. Visitors are more than welcome.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the picture of your studio - it looks like a monk's retreat high in the himlayas!!
    dad

    ReplyDelete